Anscombes quartetFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaAll four sets are identical when examined using simple summary statistics, but vary considerably when graphedAnscombes quartet comprises four datasets that have identical simple statistical properties, yet appear very different when graphed. Each dataset consists of eleven x,y points. They were constructed in 1973 by the statistician Francis Anscombe to demonstrate both the importance of graphing data before analysing it and the effect of outliers on statistical properties.
- Cornell NYC Tech, Planned for Roosevelt Island, Starts Up in Chelsea – NYTimes.com
- Business without Borders | The decade of the CIVETS
- 40 must-see vídeos about data visualization and infographics | Visual Loop
- Timeline Maker | The Ultimate Timeline Software
- Data Visualization: Trudging through the Digital Road to New Scientific Discovery | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network